We believe in building a community that offers life changing opportunities for all. We want to provide truly inclusive and holistic educational opportunities for every young person, rooted in real life, real experiences and real people.
We believe that our mission is best achieved by working in partnership with like-minded individuals, schools and community organisations to provide young people with the life skills they need to enter the world of work, contribute to their community and be part of society as a whole.
At Enterprise Cooperative Trust, we are part of the wider co-operative movement. We retain autonomy, while we share additional support and extensive networks with one another. This helps us ensure children in the community receive a high-quality education with the right opportunities to help them flourish in society. As part of this, we champion a shared set of values including self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity.
The Trust’s individual values drive behaviour and underpin the activities of our members and partner schools. We will build life changing communities by embracing the following values:
We believe in a future for all, that is brighter and better than current realities. Everyone has the right to ‘dream’ of what can be and be inspired to take action to make it happen.
We are motivated by the innate potential of every person and our positive mind-set enables us to confront real-life problems with a sense of optimism.
Every young person has the right to fair and equitable opportunities, without exception. A hallmark of a healthy community is justice; where everyone has a chance to succeed.
We believe in challenging the ‘status quo’ through courageous leadership. Our mission requires us to be advocates, innovators and a voice for the voiceless, all of which requires courage.
The aims of our Trust are:
- To provide appropriate educational opportunities to every child and young person, centred on their individual needs and future aspirations.
- To root all decisions and efforts in improving and building the local community whom we serve and to whom we are accountable.
- To work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders across sectors including, but not limited to, education, charities, local community groups and business partners.
We are inviting other educational institutions in the area to join us in providing a holistic education which goes beyond academic achievement.
What Makes Us Different?
- We are a ‘Cooperative’ – unlike other structures, our trust embraces the cooperative values giving us the powerful combination of local accountability and autonomous independence for partners
- We embrace ‘Difference’ – we celebrate and welcome diversity. We respect all members of our community, valuing our differences and providing opportunities for all to succeed
- We believe in ‘Community’ – in the truest sense of the word. Our strength is found not in isolation but rather in the collective and our trust provides a vehicle for partners to work together and help one other
- We seek to enable ‘real world experiences’ – academic achievement alone is insufficient in helping young people flourish. In order to break negative cycles that exist, including unemployment and disadvantage, we must draw on expertise and provide a holistic offer
- We believe in ‘potential’ – this fundamental belief drives our behaviours and priorities. We work with friends and partners who see what is possible rather than what is not, and seek to go the extra mile